Tuesday, June 15, 2010

before it is too late

one of the favourite authors suggested by my colleagues (who are also ex-coursemates in UiTM) is Mitch Albom. I've heard his name before, or perhaps glanced through it in the newspapers. But i haven't had the chance to read any of his works. I know that one of his best-seller novels, The Five People You Met in Heaven has gone on the movie.

i'm a person who love to read rather than watch movie, so i am looking forward to read any of his novels after all nice and wonderful comments on his works and words. And i'm so fortunate to have K.Tia and Manja who lent me his novels.

I first read For One More Day, borrowed from K.Tia. It was about a guy who did everything to please and get attention as well as affection from his father who in turn did not give him any. while trying hard to please the dad, he hurt his mother. a lot. his life turned upside down along the way.

he only realised that it was his mother that he should care about when his mother passed away a day after her birthday dinner party which he refused to wait till the end to go and meet his father who had abandoned the family since he was kid. he was not by his mother's side when she died. later he started to think, if only he had one more day to be with his mother..

It was so touching especially when i read the parts "Times that My Mother Stood for Me" and "Times that I Did Not Stand for My Mother". I know that i did that to my mother too, sometimes. I was so ego, full with pride.. Reading this is like a wake-up call for me. I've listened to many true stories on this. sometimes, however, i forgot.

It is mother who we should obey and respect the most after Allah and His messengers.
Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) is reported to have mentioned that.
A man came to the Prophet and said, ‘O Messenger of God! Who among the people is the most worthy of my good companionship? The Prophet said: Your mother. The man said, ‘Then who?' The Prophet said: Then your mother. The man further asked, ‘Then who?' The Prophet said: Then your mother. The man asked again, ‘Then who?' The Prophet said: Then your father. (Bukhari, Muslim) taken from SoundVision

Moreover, our beloved Prophet Muhammad said, may Allah's peace and blessings be upon him: Your Heaven lies under the feet of your mother (Ahmad, Nasai) taken from SoundVision

We may be succeed in life but we are not happy, if it is without her blessings. I know that as i have experienced that. Now, whenever i feel so angry if i think that i'm right whenever i have argument with my mother, i'll try to remember that. i'll be more polite and pay more respect to her.

Understand this nasheed by heart:


Who should I give my love to?
My respect and my honour to?
Who should I pay good mind to
After Allahand Rasul-Allah ?

Comes your mother
Who next? Your mother
Who next? Your mother
And then your father

Cause who used to hold you
And clean you and clothe you?
Who used to feed you
And always be with you?

When you were sick
Stay up all night
Holding you tight?
That right no other
My mother

Who should I take good care of
Giving all my love?
Who should I think the most of
After Allah and Rasul-Allah ?

Comes your mother
Who next? Your mother
Who next? Your mother
And then your father

Cause who used to hear you
Before you could talk?
Who used to hold you
Before you could walk?

And when you fell
Who’d pick you up?
Clear your cut?
No one but
Your mother
My mother

Who should I stay right close to?
Listen most to?
Never say no to
After Allah and Rasul-Allah ?

Comes your mother
Who next? Your mother
Who next? Your mother
And then your father

Cause who used to hug you
And buy you new clothes?
Comb your hair and blow your nose?
And when you cries who wiped your tears?
Knows your fears?
Who really cares?
My mother

Say Alhamdulillah
Thank you Allah
Thank you Allah
For my mother





No comments:

Post a Comment